A unique and healthy twist on a traditional holiday vegetable! This recipe from allrecipes.com is packed with nutrients from one of the leafy green superfoods. This perfect detour from the “normal” salad is a great way to add a colorful and easy meal to your holiday menu!
Calories 274 Protein 5g Serves 6
- 2 jewel yams, cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Toss the yams with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and arrange evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the yams are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and garlic until the onion has caramelized to a golden brown, about 15 minutes. Stir in the kale, cooking until wilted and tender. Transfer the kale mixture to a bowl, and cool to room temperature in the refrigerator.
- Once all the ingredients have cooled, combine the yams, kale, red wine vinegar, and fresh thyme in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and gently stir to combine.
Serving Size 1/6 recipe
Total Fat 7.5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 46 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g