Metabolic Rate Analysis System
- Measures Metabolic Rate (RMR)
- Designed for Nutrition Counselors and Fitness Professionals
- Unique printout with results and interpretation
- Simple, 10 minute breath test
- No certification required
The MetaCheck is an affordable metabolic analyzer that provides an accurate, professional metabolic rate measurement. Measuring a person’s metabolic rate allows you to construct an effective weight loss plan based on individual caloric needs. In the past, these measurements have only been available by using cumbersome, expensive equipment, and were generally only available at hospitals. The MetaCheck is simple to use and maintain, using disposable testing supplies and requiring no additional computer to operate. To download a MetaCheck product brochure, click here.
Why Choose MetaCheck?
Direct Oxygen Measurement
MetaCheck directly measures the concentration of oxygen a person breathes out. Each client merely breathes through a simple mouthpiece as all the exhaled air is collected and analyzed. Because there is a direct correlation between oxygen consumed and calories burned (4.813 calories for every milliliter of oxygen consumed), an accurate measurement of oxygen consumption is an effective measurement of calorie consumption.
Mixing chamber Technology
A mixing chamber is considered the “Gold Standard” for a Metabolic Measurement. In the past, this system has been complicated and expensive, making it only practical for ICU’s and research departments. KORR advancements in technology make this method feasible for health and fitness facilities of any size.
Adjustments for barometric pressure, temperature, and humidity are key to an accurate VO₂ measurement. The MetaCheck measures these parameters during each routine calibration cycle, then automatically compensates to standard (STPD) conditions.
Other Metabolic Analyzers require the clients to breathe through a measurement device located at the mouth. The air each person breathes in will pass through the same mechanism as countless clients before them. KORR uses a one-way valve in the disposable MetaBreather mouthpiece. This draws in fresh room air with each inspiratory breath and eliminates concerns about cross contamination. After each test, the disposable is thrown away and there is no need to clean equipment between clients.
The MetaCheck has a simple user interface that assists the operator from start to finish. No training or certification is required. It does not require a computer or software. Everything you need is at your fingertips!
It is desirable to measure a person’s metabolic rate at a true resting level. To ensure one is at rest, we recommend the following preparation:
- Avoid eating a meal 4 hours before the test.
- Avoid exercising on the day of testing.
- If possible, avoid the use of stimulants such as caffeine prior to testing.
- During the test it will be important to get into a comfortable position and relax as much as possible.
- Keep lips sealed lightly around the mouthpiece. It is important that all the air breathed out is analyzed by the MetaCheck™.
Conduct a Test
- Turn on the MetaCheck ™ and wait while it automatically calibrates. The machine will indicate when calibration is complete. It is important that no hose or filter be attached during calibration.
- Expand the MetaBreather™ hose to its full length (5 feet) and connect it to the MetaCheck™. Be sure to use only a KORR™ manufactured MetaBreather™, as use of any other breathing device will not insure accuracy and will void your KORR™ factory warranty.
- Have the patient place the nose clip on his nose and the mouthpiece in his mouth, using his lips to seal around the edges. The patient should be relaxed and breathe normally.
- After approximately 10 minutes, the MetaCheck™ will end the test and prompt the tester to enter in patient data to compare patient results to averages. The results can then be printed out.
The Print Out
Click the button below to view/download the sample report print out
A metabolic rate analysis will allow you to customize a program that is unique to each client.
- It can screen for a slowed metabolism that may explain frustrated attempts to lose weight in the past.
- It can reveal changes in a client’s metabolism during the weight loss process that can help trouble shoot a frustrating plateau.
- Once a goal weight has been reached, an RMR measurement can give you the precise caloric prescription necessary to maintain that goal weight.
Consider the following return on investment for a personal trainer using a MetaCheck for RMR testing. (All costs are estimated for purpose of illustration)
|Annual Cash Flow||$6,845||$9,975|
|Year 1||Year 2|
|RMR tests per year |
(avg 20 tests per month)
|Fee per test||$50||$50|
|Equipment costs, unit||$3,995||$0|
|Equipment costs, MetaBreather mouthpieces @ $725 per 100 pack, including 80 free MetaBreathers w/Quickstart kit||$1,160||--|
|Equipment costs, MetaBreather mouthpieces @ $725 per 100 pack||--||$1740|
|Equipment costs, service||$0||$285|
|Cost of operation||$5,155||$2,025|
|Type||Galvanic Fuel Cell|
|Range||0 to 30% O₂|
|Average Sensor Life||24 months|
|Air Flow Sensor|
|Type||Fixed-orifice Differential Pressure Pneumotach|
|Accuracy||±2% of reading|
|Range||-40 to 150 LPM|
|Breath Rate||5 to 40 breaths/minute|
|Tidal Volume||200 to 3000 ml|
|Size||12Ó x 9Ó x 4Ó|
|Weight||5.75 lbs (2.6 kgs)|
|Average Difference||24.7 kcal/day (-1.45%)|
|Standard Deviation of Difference||57.1 kcal/day (2.85% of reading)|
MetaCheck™ Frequently Asked Questions
For more information on metabolic rate testing, click the link below: