This recipe from loveandfoodforeva.com is the perfect way to mix up your weeknight menu. Loaded with 41g of Protein in each bell pepper boat, this perfect blend of meat, veggies and spices are sure to be a memorable addition to your meal plan that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Calories 387 Protein 41 g Serves 4
- 1 pound Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cup Chicken Broth (Low Sodum), separated
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-3 large bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil. Sauté onions and garlic, stirring occasionally until fragrant (a couple minutes).
- Add ground turkey, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Break up the turkey using a wooden spoon/spatula, allowing it to brown (4-5 minutes).
- Once turkey is almost completely browned, add uncooked quinoa, tomato sauce, 1 cup of chicken broth, and chopped cilantro. Stir well to combine then cover. Let simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- While the mixture simmers, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and slice the bell peppers in half. Remove the seeds and white membranes inside.
- Put bell peppers halves into an oven proof dish. Fill each half with as much turkey-quinoa filling as you can. Pour remaining ¼ cup of chicken broth into the baking dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle each bell pepper with shredded cheese and bake another 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Protein 41 g