From Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Calories per serving: 192
Protein 32 g
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red pepper (1/2 of a large pepper)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, membranes removed, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- ¼ cup (or more to taste) chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon or so olive oil, avocado oil, canola oil, etc.
- 2 pounds large shrimp (21-25 per pound), tails removed, if needed, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ 4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 heads Bibb or butter lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- Combine all the ingredients for the mango salsa in a medium bowl and toss to combine (don’t forget to add salt and pepper to taste). Set aside (or refrigerate: this can be made several days in advance).
- For the shrimp, heat the oil in a large, 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the shrimp. Sprinkle the seasonings over the shrimp and sauté, stirring often, until the shrimp are pink and tender, 2-3 minutes over medium or medium-high heat. Don’t overcook the shrimp or they’ll be tough. It only takes a few minutes.
- Serve the shrimp on lettuce leaves topped with the mango salsa.
Total Fat 3.5 g
Saturated Fat .6 g
Cholesterol 295 mg
Sodium 547 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g