We know that vegetables are an important part of just about any balanced diet, but let’s be honest – sometimes eating those salads can be a real drag. The good news is that there are endless options when it comes to dressing them up. A good dressing or dip can turn the chore of munching veggies into an exciting novelty. This easy, healthy vinaigrette from Fixed on Fresh is a perfect example. A few basic, fresh ingredients, a couple of minutes of prep time, and voila! You might even find yourself scrambling to replace your afternoon snack with a salad, just for an excuse to enjoy the fresh zing of this homemade dressing.
Calories per serving 114 Protein 0.1 g Yields 10 servings
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1 large or 2 small lemons)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients and whisk together. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Secure the lid and shake well to mix.
- You can serve this immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. The oil and water-based ingredients will separate over time, so shake or mix well before using.
- If you plan on storing for a few days, consider using another salad oil, such as grapeseed, that won’t solidify in the refrigerator. Otherwise, check your vinaigrette 10-15 minutes before you plan to use it. If the olive oil has solidified, you may want to remove it from the refrigerator to bring it to room temperature.
- You can also use this as a marinade for chicken or pork. Let the flavors inspire you!
Yields 10 servings
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Protein 0.1 g