This recipe from eat-yourself-skinny.com puts a new spin on eating eggs for breakfast. These high protein low carb grab n’ go breakfast muffins have all the ingredients you need to help start your day off on the right foot!
Calories 75 Protein 5.1 g Serves 12
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ zucchini, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups arugula, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a muffin tin with spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, drizzle olive oil and saute onion and garlic for about 4 minutes until tender and fragrant. Add in zucchini and red bell pepper, cooking an additional 2 minutes. Fill each muffin tin about ⅔ full with veggie mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, arugula, cheese and salt/pepper and fill each muffin tin evenly, being careful not to over-fill.
- Bake muffins for about 20 minutes, until they’ve risen and are slightly browned. Enjoy!
Yeilds 12 Muffins
Total Fat 4.9 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
Protein 5.1 g