Pair up this Healthy Fall Broccoli Salad that is full of flavor with a lean protein and turn it into a fabulous lunch. Broccoli grows year round but when it’s harvested in the fall it’s typically sweeter and less bitter. Adding sweet crisp apple slices (also in season this time of year) along with these other packed with flavor ingredients, and tossed with creamy dressing, you’ll almost forget that your eating something healthy. Check out the original recipe from blessherheartyall.com
Calories 231* Protein 10g Serves 8
- 3 medium broccoli heads, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries or raisins
- 1-2 clementine (mandarin or other small sweet orange peeled)
- 1 large apple thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP fresh honey
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar (substitute white or brown sugar in equal parts)
- 1.5 tsp white wine vinegar
- Poppy seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, almond slices, dried cranberries, orange pieces and apple slices, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, honey, lime juice, sugar and vinegar and stir until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the fruit and vegetables until evenly coated
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1-2 days
Serving Size 1/8 of Salad
Total Fat 5g
Sodium 84 mg
Total Carbohydrate 36g
*Calories are estimated from MyFitnessPal nutrition calculator. White sugar substituted for coconut sugar for calorie and nutrition information. Nutrition information for lime juice (approximately 10 calories) and white wine vinegar (1 TBSP of vinegar is approximately 3 calories) not calculated in recipe.