There’s no need to cheat on your healthy eating habits when holidays and anniversaries come around – just try these delicious chocolate truffles from The Clean Eating Couple to sweeten the occasion! 5 ingredients, paleo, vegan, and perfectly delicious!
Calories 48 (per truffle) Protein 1g Serves 15 truffles
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder on the side, for dusting
- Puree the avocado in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- In a separate bowl melt the chopped dark chocolate. Be careful not to burn the chocolate, you can stir it every 20 seconds.
- When chocolate is completely melted, stir in the coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until dissolved/combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into food processor with pureed avocado and pulse again to combine.
- Put in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to cool and set aside small bowl of cocoa powder.
- Once truffles have cooled, roll the truffles into small balls. Lightly dust in cocoa powder.
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- You can store these healthy chocolate truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. I would not recommend freezing them.
Tips for making Healthy Chocolate Truffles
- Use very ripe avocados. The avocados I used were almost too ripe as you can see the browning start to occur. You want the avocados to be soft and easily scoop-able
- Use a chocolate with no dairy + minimal sugar. This is the one I like.
- Use a food processor – I find this is easier to do in a food processor than a blender, but you can use a blender too! This food processor is one of my favorite kitchen tools!
Serves 13 truffles
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 3g