Whether you’re working from home or always on the go, healthy and appetizing snacks are a must! This simple, delicious hummus recipe from Mindful Avocado is a fantastic option that takes only a few minutes to whip up. All you need are a few basic ingredients and a good blender or food processor.
Calories per serving 62 Protein 0.9g Yields 8 servings
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (about the juice of 1 medium lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pine nuts
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Add tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings into food processor and process until smooth.
- Turn off food processor and add drained chickpeas. Blend until smooth.
- With food processor on low, slowly pour olive oil into hummus. Turn off food processor and season with salt, cumin, and paprika.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with parsley, paprika, pine nuts and/or olive oil (optional).
- Tahini is a sesame seed paste that can be found in most grocery stores, near nut butters or in the ethnic foods aisle, or online. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even try making your own!
- Blending the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings before adding the chickpeas will give your hummus a lighter, smoother, whipped texture.
- Feel free to adjust the seasonings according to your tastes! Hummus is a versatile snack choice and can be enjoyed with a variety of foods.
Yields 8 (2-Tbsp) servings
Total Fat 6.2g
Saturated Fat 0.9g
Total Carbohydrates 1.6g