Sometimes, a healthy snack is the difference between feeling drained, hungry, grouchy, and prone to make poor nutritional decisions – or feeling energized, satisfied, and ready to take on whatever challenge comes your way. Whether you’re looking for a snack or for a guilt-free dessert, these chocolate coconut energy balls from Purely Kaylie fit the bill. They are full of nutritious and energy-boosting ingredients and vegan to boot. With only a few ingredients and simple instructions, even the most amateur cook will be able to whip up a batch and enjoy.
Calories per serving 157 Protein 2.5 g Yields 18 servings
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 20 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup shredded coconut to decorate
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Process until a sticky dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop the dough into 18 rounds.
- Roll the dough into balls, using clean hands.
- Optional: roll each ball in shredded coconut or the topping of your choice to decorate and add extra flavor and nutrients.
- Kaylie recommends adding 1-2 teaspoons of water if the final mixture is too dry to roll into balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for a firmer, chewier texture.
Yields 18 servings
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3.5 g
Total Carbohydrates 23 g
Protein 2.5 g