This is a great breakfast to get you energized and ready for the day. Even better when made with a low-carb, whole-wheat tortilla.
Calories per serving: 251
Protein 24 g
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 strip nitrate-free turkey bacon, chopped
- ¼ finely shredded Cabot 75% Light Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons seeded, chopped fresh tomato
- 1 whole-wheat flour, 96% fat-free tortilla (8″ diameter)
- 2 teaspoons red taco sauce
- Mist a small microwaveable bowl with olive oil spray. Add the egg whites. Set aside.
- Set a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to mist with cooking spray. Set over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes. Add the onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Add the tomato. Cook for about 1 minute, or until just heated. Transfer the bacon mixture to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Place the tortilla in the pan and return to medium-high heat. Cook for about 30 seconds per side, or until just warm.
- Meanwhile, microwave egg whites on low power for 30 seconds. Continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until they are just a bit runny on top. Stir them with a fork, breaking into large pieces. If they are still under cooked, cook them in 10 second intervals until just done. Stir in the reserved bacon mixture.
- Place the tortilla on a serving plate. Sprinkle on the cheese leaving about 2″ bare on one end, in an even strip (about 3″ wide) running down the center. Top with the reserved egg white mixture and drizzle on the taco sauce. Fold the bare end of the tortilla up over the filling, and then fold the sides of the tortilla over the middle. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1 burrito
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat .9 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 630 mg
Total Carbohydrate 30 g