Whether you’re hungry or merely peckish, this simple salad from Taste and See is sure to satisfy. Sweet and savory, this dish is filled with fresh summer flavors. Enjoy it as an understated but impressive side, or pair it with protein for a delightfully simple main course.
Calories per serving 50 Protein 1g Yields 4 servings
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- crushed peanuts for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (add a second teaspoon for a spicier result)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make the dressing, mix vinegar, honey, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and salt together well, and set aside.
- Add the sliced cucumber and onions to a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing over them. Toss to coat. Serve immediately or chill.
- Toss a few more times before serving and garnish with sesame seeds and/or crushed peanuts.
- English cucumbers are ideal because they are especially crunchy, with small seeds and a delicate outer skin, but other cucumber varieties will also work well in this recipe!
Yields 4 (8 oz) servings
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Total Carbohydrates 10 g
Protein 1 g