This recipe from My Fitness Pal is a delicious and symbolic meal to welcome the season of fall. This slow cooker Turkey Chili not only gives you “warm soup belly,” but it also doesn’t require you to toil in the kitchen to partake of its deliciousness. With 32g of Protein in every cup, this perfect blend of meat, veggies and spices are sure to satisfy your hunger.
Calories 222 Protein 32 g Serves 5
- 1.3 pounds 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 medium Onion, minced
- 1 medium red Bell Pepper, diced fine
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Corn kernels
- 10 oz can Mild Diced Tomatoes
- 8 oz small can plain Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher Salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the turkey, season with salt and cook, breaking up with a spoon until turkey browns and is no longer pink; place into the slow cooker.
- Add the oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, garlic and bell pepper over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes. Spoon over turkey into the slow cooker and stir in corn and tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt, mix until well blended. Pour chicken broth into the crock pot and add the bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours. Serve with desired toppings.
Yeilds 5 Cups
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Protein 32 g